Invisalign Invisalign treatment is a technique that straightens your teeth without braces, using a series of clear, removable aligners that are custom-modeled to fit your teeth. The virtually invisible aligners gradually reposition your teeth into a smile of which you will be proud.
Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign has no metal bands or wires to trap food and plaque. Maintaining a good oral hygiene program will also reduce chances of plaque buildup, tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Clear, virtually invisible alignersRemovable, will not get in the way of your activities
- Removable, will not get in the way of your activities
- Easy to remove to eat, brush, and floss
- Graduate to a new set of aligners about every two weeks
- Easy to monitor your progress with regular appointments
Effective for a wide range of smiles. The Invisalign system has been successful in giving hundreds of thousands of amazing smiles to both teens and adults. Dr. Chorak will create your individual treatment plan using Invisalign´s clear, custom-molded aligners to solve a range of issues, including: Overly crowded teeth, Widely spaced teeth, Overbites, Underbites, and Crossbites.
Not everyone is a candidate for the Invisalign aligner system. Please contact our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Chorak to see if the Invisalign system is right for you.
Now teens don’t have to worry about embarrassing metal braces in their yearbook photos or Facebook profiles – introducing Invisalign® Teen! Invisalign® Teen is the clear way to straighten teeth without metal braces, using aligners. Aligners are removable and virtually invisible, which means you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing. You can still eat and drink what you want. Also, you can brush and floss normally to maintain healthy gums and teeth, and there are no wires, metal or brackets to cause mouth abrasions.
We went to leading orthodontists, parents and teens themselves to custom-design an Invisalign system just right for the dental needs of teenagers. With blue-to-clear color-changing aligners to show how long each aligner has been worn, six free replacement aligners in case some are lost or broken, and other changes designed to accommodate growing mouths, Invisalign Teen is the perfect teeth-straightening system for today’s teens’ busy lifestyles!
- A clear way to straighten your teeth without braces.
- Series of clear, removable, custom-made aligners.
- Uses no metal wires or brackets.
- Custom-made for comfort.
- Wear each set of aligners for about two weeks.
- Remove only to eat, drink, brush and floss.
- Your teeth will move gradually each week.
- Visit us every 8-10 weeks.
- Total treatment time averages 6-15 months.
- Average number of aligners is between 18 and 30.
By using its advanced technology, Invisalign Teen can treat a broad range of dental and orthodontic conditions, which, in the past, were usually treated with traditional braces. These conditions include:
- Overly crowded teeth
- Widely spaced teeth
Invisalign is a nearly invisible, removable, comprehensive orthodontic appliance. Invisalign uses technology that straightens your teeth without wires and brackets. You'll be wearing a series of clear, customized, removable appliances called Aligners. They're virtually undetectable, which means hardly anyone will know that you're straightening your teeth. When you wear your clear Aligners, Invisalign moves your teeth, week by week, millimeter by millimeter, to the desired location. Using 3-D computer technology, each one of your Aligners is precisely calibrated and manufactured to fit snugly over your teeth and gently move them through every stage of your treatment plan. And unlike braces, your Aligners can be removed for eating, brushing and flossing.
Invisalign ONLY works while you are wearing the Aligners. We recommend that you wear your Aligners FULL-TIME, day and night, except to eat, drink, brush and floss your teeth. Because the Aligners are designed to sequentially move your teeth, it is very important to wear each Aligner in the order prescribed. Usually, you'll wear each Aligner in the series for about two weeks. Keep your regularly scheduled appointments - this is the only way we can be sure the treatment is progressing as planned. Failure to follow instructions could significantly delay or compromise treatment results. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before handling your Aligners. Handle only ONE Aligner at a time.
- Make sure you have the proper Aligner - the upper for the top teeth and the lower for your bottom teeth. To help avoid confusion, each Aligner is engraved with your initials and a 'U' for upper or an 'L' for lower.
- Insert the LOWER Aligner First, then the upper.
- When inserting, gently push the Aligners over your front teeth. Then, apply equal pressure, using your fingertips, to the tops of your left and right molars until the Aligner snaps into place.
- DO NOT BITE your Aligners into position. This may damage them.
- Using your fingers, simultaneously apply equal downward pressure on the left and right side of the Aligner and lift the Aligner off your rear molars.
- Using your fingers, gently lift the Aligner off your front teeth.
- Immediately rinse and store your Aligners in the protective case provided with your starter kit.
- To help prevent damage, avoid unnecessary removal.
- DO NOT use any sharp object to remove your Aligners.
- Clean your Aligners prior to each insertion. The Invisalign Cleaning System is recommended for the effortless extra-strength cleaning and clarity that it provides Aligners.
- Rinse well after each cleaning.
- DO NOT use denture cleaners to clean Aligners or soak them in mouthwash. These products can damage the surface of the plastic, causing it to become dull and more visible.
- Always remove your Aligners before meals.
- Brush your teeth after each meal and prior to re-inserting your Aligners.
- Brush and floss according to your usual routine.
- Regular checkups and cleaning are recommended for the continued health of your teeth and gums.
Two Aligner cases are included in your starter kit. We recommend that you store your Invisalign Aligners in a case when not in your mouth. This will protect them from potential damage.
Designate one of your two Aligner cases as case #1. Store the Aligners you are currently using (e.g., #1) in this case.
When it is time to switch up to the next stage (e.g., #2), store the old Aligners (e.g., #1) in your second case. Always keep the most recently used Aligners in this case. If an Aligner is lost or broken, we may recommend that you temporarily go back one stage and use the Aligners in the other case while a replacement is being made. Please note that it is only necessary to store the most recently used set of Aligners. When it is time to switch stages again (e.g., move up to # 3), discard the oldest Aligners (e.g., #1) and store the most recently used set (e.g., #2).