Published on May 19, 2020
We have really missed all of our patients and their families over the last couple of months...so we are thrilled to let you know that Dr. Mario Chorak has now reopened!
Here are some things to know: On March 18th, Governor Inslee mandated that all dental offices stop seeing patients, unless in emergency or urgent care situations, until May 18th. It was confirmed through the Governor’s office that this mandate overrode the Stay Home, Stay Healthy Orders, thus allowing Dentists and Orthodontists to return to seeing ALL patients on May 18th.
Governor Inslee’s original mandate was due to the anticipated shortage in PPE, NOT due to fear of spreading the virus in dental offices. Dentists and Orthodontists use some of the most stringent and thorough protocols for virus protection and all use “Universal Precautions.”
Universal Precautions is an approach to infection control to treat all human blood and certain human body fluids as if they were known to be infectious for HIV, HBV and other pathogens. We want to assure you that you are ALWAYS SAFE in our orthodontic chairs.
- We are now scheduling to allow for Social Distancing. If you get a call to reschedule, it means that we need to have less people in our office at the same time. Please understand that this is for the safety of all and be patient with us as we navigate these unchartered waters. We thoroughly apologize for any inconvenience but know that we are doing the best we can.
- We have implemented protocols in accordance to the recommendations of the CDC and the ADA. This includes enhanced PPE and sanitation procedures.
- Please help us by self-managing social distancing while in the office. If more comfortable, feel free to call from the parking lot prior to your appointment to see if the waiting room is clear.
- Please arrive on time to help the schedule run smoothly.
- Please wear a mask if you have one.
- We are screening everyone who comes into the office. If you are experiencing a cough, fever, shortness of breath, have been diagnosed with or exposed to COVID within 14 days, please do not come to the office. Please reschedule.
- For Existing Patients: We ask that only patients come into the office. If your child is on the younger side and you are uncomfortable with sending him/her in alone, we ask that only 1 parent accompany and no siblings. Only patients will be allowed in the clinic area.
- For New Patients: Welcome! We are excited to meet you! If a minor, please DO accompany your child. And, siblings are welcome. We will meet in a separate room from the clinic area.
- Please brush your teeth before your appointment. For the time being, our toothbrush station has been converted to a hand-washing station.
We are so incredibly grateful for the amazing patients and families that we get the privilege of working with everyday. You all have been so patient, understanding, and kind as we process and navigate through our current situation. We are so appreciative of your flexibility and the positive feedback we have gotten. You have our word that we will continue to strive every day to provide you the very best possible and safe orthodontic care.